Cancer Services for Rutherford County received a nice gift from Mike McPherson of Universal Auto Credit for our Cancer Services fund.
This is the third year that Mike has made a substantial gift to our Foundation for Cancer Services. Each year, he has chosen to host a breast cancer awareness campaign in memory of a friend, Susan Terry, and in honor of the customers that he has served over the years who have experienced breast cancer. During October, Universal Auto Credit donates a portion of each sale to our Foundation so that we can assist local cancer patients and increase the support services that are available in Rutherford County.
Cancer Services for Rutherford County is a committee of the Community Health Council of Rutherford County. Our initiatives include:
• Assisting Rutherford County cancer patients when financial difficulties occur during cancer treatment and recovery.
• Supporting Rutherford County cancer patients with non-clinical needs, including wigs and turbans, food and nutrition supplies, housing, transportation, medications, and medical supplies.
• Creating opportunities for health improvement and support groups during recovery.
• Providing funds for mammograms for uninsured women who are between the ages of 40-49.
• Facilitating a monthly meeting of local health organizations to develop and implement cancer screenings, prevention programs and educational resources for Rutherford County residents.
• Serving as the contact for donors who wish to provide material and financial support for local cancer patients or who wish to organize fund-raising efforts for the initiatives listed above.
Cancer Services for Rutherford County's funding comes from current gifts made to RHI Legacy Foundation and remaining donations made to the former Rutherford Hospital Foundation.
Contact Jill Miracle at 828-202-4630 or HealthCouncilRC@gmail.com for information.